What is Creative Kids?
Creative Kids provides funding for Saskatchewan children and youth to participate in creative activities such as art, music, dance, theatre, and culture.
We believe all children and youth should have the opportunity to participate in cultural and creative activities regardless of economic or social barriers.
Creative Kids funding is:
- based on a family’s financial need
- open to Saskatchewan residents
- available for children ages 4 to 19
- for activities that are primarily artistic and/or cultural
Creative Kids may provide up to $750 for a child’s activity. If an application is funded, Creative Kids pays the instructor or service provider directly.
Families can apply to their local Creative Kids committee at one of several application deadlines. (Application forms and deadlines are below.)
What We Fund
Creative Kids will consider funding applications for many kinds of art, music, dance, drama, heritage and cultural activities. A full list can be downloaded on the right.
Summer is almost here! To celebrate, here is a listing of 30 fun and creative camps happening in Saskatchewan this summer.
For families unable to afford registration costs, financial support may be available through Creative Kids. June 9 is the next Creative Kids application date, which is for summer camps and early registration for fall activities. There will be only one application date for fall activities – August 18. There will not be a September or October application deadline. Applications for fall activities should be sent in to us for June 9 or August 18 deadline dates.
Application Forms & Deadlines
Choose your community to download an application form:
- The Battlefords
- Big River
- Lakeland District (the regions of Spiritwood, Prince Albert, Melfort, Nipawin and Hudson Bay - map of Lakeland communities)
- Provincial application for all communities without a local committee
Click here to contact your local Creative Kids committee.
2017 application deadlines:
- January 27 Ideal for February break
- March 17 Ideal for April break
- June 9 Ideal for summer activities
- August 18 For activities that begin in September and follow the school year
- December 8 For activities beginning in January
We are not sure at the moment if there will be a September deadline. Plan to have any fall applications to us by August 18.