- Sep 24, 2018 Sisters Learn the Joy of Music Thanks to Creative Kids
- Aug 09, 2018 Request for Proposals - Creative Kids is Searching for a Website Developer
- Jun 05, 2018 Moose Jaw Dancers Continue to Soar in Raising Funds for Creative Kids
- May 30, 2018 Nourish Raised $18,000!
- May 09, 2018 Meet the Former Creative Kids Grant Recipient who Played at Carnegie Hall
- Apr 27, 2018 POSTING NOW CLOSED - We're Hiring! Creative Kids Assistant
- Apr 10, 2018 Our 2017 Progress Report is Here!
- Nov 22, 2017 Vintage - A Speakeasy in Support of Creative Kids Regina was a Huge Success!
- Sep 11, 2017 Daughters of Penelope Luncheon - Oct. 2
- Sep 08, 2017 Ticket Sales Now Closed for Beachside with Bamford Raffle
- Jul 27, 2017 Creative Kids Makes a Difference in Big River
- Jul 13, 2017 We are Hiring! Creative Kids Administrative Assistant
- Jun 15, 2017 Creative Kids' Volunteer In Action: Paulette Atchison
- May 30, 2017 Recipients of the 2017 Cameco Creative Kids Northern Cultural Fund
- May 15, 2017 Nourish Raises $20,000!
- Apr 25, 2017 Creative Kids volunteer receives prestigious award
- Mar 31, 2017 Creative Kids' 2016 Progress Report is here
- Feb 07, 2017 Saskatoon office has moved
- Jan 18, 2017 Importance Notice for Saskatoon Applicants
- Nov 22, 2016 David Millar Sings the Praises of Creative Kids on CBC
- Oct 19, 2016 Congratulations David Millar on Receiving Award for Distinguished Humanitarian & Community Service
- Sep 22, 2016 Creative Kids' Service Providers are Helping Give Kids a Chance to Realize Their Dreams
- Sep 07, 2016 IMPORTANT: NO OCTOBER APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Sep 02, 2016 Meet Creative Kids' Fundraising Phenoms
- Aug 31, 2016 Creative Kids Brought Creative Mayhem Back to Saskatoon
- Aug 10, 2016 Creative Kids' Job Opportunity - Major Gifts Officer
- Jun 17, 2016 Nourish was a Night to Remember!
- Apr 01, 2016 2015 Progress Report in Now Available
- Mar 18, 2016 100 Women Who Care Regina raises over $10,000 for Creative Kids Regina
- Nov 25, 2015 Creative Kids' Fall Newsletter is Here!
- Nov 25, 2015 Download the Creative Kids' 2015 Holiday Campaign Ads
- Sep 21, 2015 $22,000 from Saskatoon Corporate Challenge week!
- Sep 18, 2015 Another fun evening at Red Hot Riot
- Sep 15, 2015 Creative Idol Raises $2661!
- Jul 20, 2015 Saskatoon Corporate Challenge Chooses Creative Kids
- Jul 20, 2015 Playing for Change Day continues to support Creative Kids
- Jul 06, 2015 Redline Harley Davidson Funds 154 Creative Kids
- Jun 17, 2015 Lots of Happy People at Kim Coates' Ride for Kids
- Jun 11, 2015 Big River BBQ and Talent Showcase
- May 19, 2015 RCMP Charity Gala is SOLD OUT!
- May 09, 2015 Dennis Gabrush wins the Harley-Davidson Raffle
- Feb 23, 2015 Save the Date! The 2015 RCMP Charity Ball Gala is May 23.
- Feb 23, 2015 Art-a-palooza Art Auction and Entertainment, March 28
- Feb 23, 2015 Gala March 1 in North Battleford
- Jan 28, 2015 Win a 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle!
- Dec 23, 2014 Holiday cheer from the Hunter Brothers
- Nov 28, 2014 Creative Mayhem raised $80,000 for Saskatoon
- Nov 05, 2014 PlayaSol Ladies Night in Prince Albert
- Nov 05, 2014 Kim Coates supports Creative Kids in Saskatoon
- Nov 05, 2014 Prince Albert Day of Dance raises $5,000!
- Sep 22, 2014 Fall events for Creative Kids
- Sep 22, 2014 Day of Dance, October 18
- Jul 14, 2014 Gala Raises Over $85,000
- May 29, 2014 PotashCorp Gives $100,000 to Creative Kids For Third Year
- May 28, 2014 Creative Kids 2014 RCMP Charity Gala a Smashing Success!
- May 27, 2014 Next application date: June 20
- Apr 01, 2014 Win a voucher for a Regina studio or class!
- Apr 01, 2014 Upcoming application date: April 4
- Jan 18, 2014 February 14 next application date
- Jan 17, 2014 Kids Helping Kids Named Group of the Year
- Jan 17, 2014 K+S Potash Provides $10,000!
- Dec 17, 2013 Office closed December 21 to January 6
- Dec 11, 2013 Click K+S Potash Canada's Web Site Now Until December 24
- Nov 27, 2013 Kids Helping Kids Dance-a-thon in Moose Jaw to raise funds for Creative Kids: December 8
- Nov 27, 2013 Creative has 2,500 friends! SaskTel provides $5,000 for our Facebook "Like" campaign.
- Nov 27, 2013 Save the Date! Creative Kids is hosting the RCMP Charity Gala Ball May 24.
Creative Kids' Service Providers are Helping Give Kids a Chance to Realize Their Dreams
Cassandra Hovdestad sees firsthand the difference Creative Kids makes in children’s lives.
As owner and piano teacher at the Saskatoon Academy of Music, she knows how hard it is for financially disadvantaged families to gain access to life-changing cultural activities for their kids due to the costs involved.
At any given time, Creative Kids supports 12 to 20 children attending Cassandra’s Academy, and among them includes one family of five children. The family came to the school as beginners, but the siblings dreamed of one day forming a band. After a year and a half of hard work and determination, the children now perform together and have gained the confidence to nail performances in front of audiences durning recitals and competitive festivals. Without the support they have received from Creative Kids, they would not have been able to realize their dream.
“Seeing parents watch their children perform is very special because the parents often get very emotional,” Hovdestad explains. “They are so grateful for the support that gave them the opportunity!”
Creative Kids gives children the opportunity to learn valuable skills such as self-discipline, focus and goal-setting – all skills Cassandra believes will benefit them throughout their lives. She sees the impact music and other creative activities have on children, and loves when the previously shy kids blossom into performers.
Witnessing the progress of Creative Kids recipients is a very touching experience for Cassandra. “Seeing parents watch their children perform is very special because the parents often get very emotional,” she explains. “They are so grateful for the support that gave them the opportunity!”