- Sep 24, 2018 Sisters Learn the Joy of Music Thanks to Creative Kids
- Aug 09, 2018 Request for Proposals - Creative Kids is Searching for a Website Developer
- Jun 05, 2018 Moose Jaw Dancers Continue to Soar in Raising Funds for Creative Kids
- May 30, 2018 Nourish Raised $18,000!
- May 09, 2018 Meet the Former Creative Kids Grant Recipient who Played at Carnegie Hall
- Apr 27, 2018 POSTING NOW CLOSED - We're Hiring! Creative Kids Assistant
- Apr 10, 2018 Our 2017 Progress Report is Here!
- Nov 22, 2017 Vintage - A Speakeasy in Support of Creative Kids Regina was a Huge Success!
- Sep 11, 2017 Daughters of Penelope Luncheon - Oct. 2
- Sep 08, 2017 Ticket Sales Now Closed for Beachside with Bamford Raffle
- Jul 27, 2017 Creative Kids Makes a Difference in Big River
- Jul 13, 2017 We are Hiring! Creative Kids Administrative Assistant
- Jun 15, 2017 Creative Kids' Volunteer In Action: Paulette Atchison
- May 30, 2017 Recipients of the 2017 Cameco Creative Kids Northern Cultural Fund
- May 15, 2017 Nourish Raises $20,000!
- Apr 25, 2017 Creative Kids volunteer receives prestigious award
- Mar 31, 2017 Creative Kids' 2016 Progress Report is here
- Feb 07, 2017 Saskatoon office has moved
- Jan 18, 2017 Importance Notice for Saskatoon Applicants
- Nov 22, 2016 David Millar Sings the Praises of Creative Kids on CBC
- Oct 19, 2016 Congratulations David Millar on Receiving Award for Distinguished Humanitarian & Community Service
- Sep 22, 2016 Creative Kids' Service Providers are Helping Give Kids a Chance to Realize Their Dreams
- Sep 07, 2016 IMPORTANT: NO OCTOBER APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Sep 02, 2016 Meet Creative Kids' Fundraising Phenoms
- Aug 31, 2016 Creative Kids Brought Creative Mayhem Back to Saskatoon
- Aug 10, 2016 Creative Kids' Job Opportunity - Major Gifts Officer
- Jun 17, 2016 Nourish was a Night to Remember!
- Apr 01, 2016 2015 Progress Report in Now Available
- Mar 18, 2016 100 Women Who Care Regina raises over $10,000 for Creative Kids Regina
- Nov 25, 2015 Creative Kids' Fall Newsletter is Here!
- Nov 25, 2015 Download the Creative Kids' 2015 Holiday Campaign Ads
- Sep 21, 2015 $22,000 from Saskatoon Corporate Challenge week!
- Sep 18, 2015 Another fun evening at Red Hot Riot
- Sep 15, 2015 Creative Idol Raises $2661!
- Jul 20, 2015 Saskatoon Corporate Challenge Chooses Creative Kids
- Jul 20, 2015 Playing for Change Day continues to support Creative Kids
- Jul 06, 2015 Redline Harley Davidson Funds 154 Creative Kids
- Jun 17, 2015 Lots of Happy People at Kim Coates' Ride for Kids
- Jun 11, 2015 Big River BBQ and Talent Showcase
- May 19, 2015 RCMP Charity Gala is SOLD OUT!
- May 09, 2015 Dennis Gabrush wins the Harley-Davidson Raffle
- Feb 23, 2015 Save the Date! The 2015 RCMP Charity Ball Gala is May 23.
- Feb 23, 2015 Art-a-palooza Art Auction and Entertainment, March 28
- Feb 23, 2015 Gala March 1 in North Battleford
- Jan 28, 2015 Win a 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle!
- Dec 23, 2014 Holiday cheer from the Hunter Brothers
- Nov 28, 2014 Creative Mayhem raised $80,000 for Saskatoon
- Nov 05, 2014 PlayaSol Ladies Night in Prince Albert
- Nov 05, 2014 Kim Coates supports Creative Kids in Saskatoon
- Nov 05, 2014 Prince Albert Day of Dance raises $5,000!
- Sep 22, 2014 Fall events for Creative Kids
- Sep 22, 2014 Day of Dance, October 18
- Jul 14, 2014 Gala Raises Over $85,000
- May 29, 2014 PotashCorp Gives $100,000 to Creative Kids For Third Year
- May 28, 2014 Creative Kids 2014 RCMP Charity Gala a Smashing Success!
- May 27, 2014 Next application date: June 20
- Apr 01, 2014 Win a voucher for a Regina studio or class!
- Apr 01, 2014 Upcoming application date: April 4
- Jan 18, 2014 February 14 next application date
- Jan 17, 2014 Kids Helping Kids Named Group of the Year
- Jan 17, 2014 K+S Potash Provides $10,000!
- Dec 17, 2013 Office closed December 21 to January 6
- Dec 11, 2013 Click K+S Potash Canada's Web Site Now Until December 24
- Nov 27, 2013 Kids Helping Kids Dance-a-thon in Moose Jaw to raise funds for Creative Kids: December 8
- Nov 27, 2013 Creative has 2,500 friends! SaskTel provides $5,000 for our Facebook "Like" campaign.
- Nov 27, 2013 Save the Date! Creative Kids is hosting the RCMP Charity Gala Ball May 24.
Sisters Learn the Joy of Music Thanks to Creative Kids
Isabela and Camila say “Thank – You!”
Experiencing the gift of music has enriched the lives of two Regina girls thanks to the generosity of Creative Kids’ donors like you.
Isabela and Camila, ages 9 and 7, didn’t always have the opportunity to let their musical talent shine. The girl’s family had a small keyboard that Isabela spent hours practicing a portion of the song her dad showed her how to play. For her birthday, the family decided to buy Isabela a larger keyboard with the hopes that she would be able to take lessons. However, finances were tight at home.
Leanne, mother of four kids of a single income family, contacted a music studio in hopes to send her girls to piano lessons, but was disheartened to learn that these classes were financially out of reach for the family. That’s when the studio owner told Leanne about how Creative Kids may help fund the girls’ piano lessons. She sent in an application for Isabela and Camila and was soon excited to learn both daughters received funding for the piano lessons they were so eager to try.
Isabela and Camila now enjoying taking lessons and are building their confidence playing the piano in front of audiences whenever they get the chance. This year, both girls had several opportunities to enthusiastically perform for a crowd, including a Christmas recital at a seniors’ home, as well as in their year-end recital while proud family members and friends looked on.
Camila also had an opportunity to show off her songwriting talent. She performed a song she wrote herself, The Dark Attic, in a Long and McQuade adjudication this spring. She received a medal and certificate for her participation, which she proudly showed off at school. Both girls also earned certificates of achievement during their year-end recital. Isabela proudly took the medal she earned to school to show off to her classmates, and especially, her music teacher.
Leanne is so incredibly proud of the hard work Isabela and Camila have put into learning, practicing and performing on the piano. To see her daughters grow in confidence and self-esteem has her bursting with pride at their accomplishments. “My heart beams with joy whenever my girls have the opportunity to perform,” she exclaims. “I am a very proud mama. Their accomplishments are my accomplishments!”
She goes on to say, “Creative Kids has opened up the gift of music in our house. Without your sponsorship there is no way our children would be able to take piano lessons. We are truly blessed by the generosity of people who give to Creative Kids. You have helped Isabela’s dream of learning to play the piano come true.”
Both Isabela and Camila got to live their dreams thanks to you and YOUR donation to Creative Kids. Thank-you!