What is Creative Kids?
Creative Kids provides funding for Saskatchewan children and youth to participate in creative activities such as art, music, dance, theatre, and culture.
We believe all children and youth should have the opportunity to participate in cultural and creative activities regardless of economic or social barriers.
Creative Kids funding is:
- based on a family’s financial need
- open to Saskatchewan residents
- available for children ages 4 to 19
- for activities that are primarily artistic and/or cultural
Creative Kids may provide up to $750 for a child’s activity. If an application is funded, Creative Kids pays the instructor or service provider directly.
Families can apply to their local Creative Kids committee at one of several application deadlines. (Application forms and deadlines are below.)
What We Fund
Creative Kids will consider funding applications for many kinds of art, music, dance, drama, heritage and cultural activities. A full list can be downloaded on the right.
Application Forms & Deadlines
Upcoming application deadlines:
December 8, 2017 For activities beginning in January
2018 application deadlines:
January 26 For activities beginning in February, including February break
March 2 For activities beginning in April, including April break
June 8 For summer activities or early registration for fall activities
August 17 For activities that begin in September and follow the school year
December 7 For activities beginning in January
Choose your community to download an application form:
- The Battlefords
- Big River
- Shaunavon - As of November 2017, Shaunavon area applicants should use the Provincial application and send their applications to the provincial committee in Regina.
- Lakeland District (the regions of Spiritwood, Prince Albert, Melfort, Nipawin and Hudson Bay - map of Lakeland communities)
- Provincial application for all communities without a local committee
Click here to contact your local Creative Kids committee.
Mailed applications must be received before the
application deadline to be considered for funding.
Families will be notified of results within 30 days of an application deadline.